Singer 14J250 Stylist II Review
- Stitching Speed: The Singer 14J250 Stylist II sews up to 1,300 stitches per minute, making quick work of more complicated pieces.
- Electronic Speed Control: This feature guarantees a consistent sewing speed without sudden jumps or lags.
- Portable: The serger features a convenient carrying handle that makes it easy to carry to class, work, or home.
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter: This gives a greater clearance under the presser foot when the user needs to place multiple layers of fabric.
- Bouncy: Some report that the machine may be shaky during use. This can also disturb the tension dials if the movement becomes too intense.
Where To Find The Best Value
|Singer 14J250 Stylist II
Review (4.2 Stars)
The Singer 14J250 Stylist II serger offers the user several features and stitch options. These features and options take the hassle out of serging with a 2-3-4 thread capability, wide-open threading, and many adjustable features. The serger also comes with some accessories to customize the experience.
The Singer Stylist II 14J250 Stylist II offers a variety of stitching options for increased versatility and function. These include:
- Two-Thread Wrapped Edge Overlock: A lightweight seam for woven fabrics.
- Three-Thread Overlock Stitch: Offers a professional seam finish that prevents loose fabrics from unraveling.
- Three-Thread Wrapped Edge Overlock: Good for fine and stretchy materials.
- Three-Thread Flatlock: Can be used as a special decorative thread to add dramatic effects or texture.
- Four Thread Mock Stretch Stitch: This stitch stretches as the fabric does, making it useful when sewing knit fabric. The stitch stays strong and resists popping when the fabric stretches.
- Rolled Hem Stitch: Adds an elegant look to elaborate upholstery and delicate garments.
Speed: 1,300 stitches per minute
Number of Needles: 2
Differential Feed: 0.7 to 2.0mm
Dimensions: 14 x 11 x 11.5 inches (L x W x H)
Weight: 13.5 lbs
Wide Open Threading & Needle Threader
Manual threading of the Singer 14J250 Stylist II is made easier with these features. The front of the serger opens up completely, giving a view of the loopers for easy threading, and the needle automatically directs the needle threads through the eyes. This makes threading simple and easy.
Cutting Width Gauge
This machine comes with a cutting width gauge that attaches right to the needle plate. No more needing to align the fabric edge along the needle plate markings. All you have to do is keep the fabric edge along the raised edge of the guide for precise cuttings widths.
The differential feed allows the user to work with different fabrics from thin and delicate to thick and sturdy. The adjustable differential feed controls the movement ratio between the front and back feed dogs, which will help feed the fabric smoothly beneath the needles. It helps prevent fabrics from stretching out of shape and keeps seams from breaking or bunching. The differential feed on the Singer 14J250 Stylist II is fully adjustable to meet the needs of every project.
The serger comes equipped with several accessories to help make set-up and serging easier.
- All-Purpose Foot
- Stitch Fingers
- Two Thread Converter
- Cutting Width Gauge
- 4 Thread Nets
- 4 Spool Holders
- 4 Thread Spools
- Dust Cover
- Instruction Manual
Singer offers a 25-year warranty covering manufacturer defects, a 2-year warranty on all electronic components, and a 90-day warranty on parts and labor.
The Singer 14J250 Stylist II is an all-around machine for completing many serging projects. It has adjustable features to fit each user’s unique needs but is entry-level in terms of features and stitch options. Coming in at a very budget-friendly price, it’s a great beginner serger.
About Amanda S.: Growing up, I was fascinated by watching my mom and grandma turn fabric into beautiful handcrafted items. In my early 20’s, I finally got brave, buying a sewing machine and teaching myself to sew. As I fell in love with sewing, my machine collection expanded, and I ran an Etsy shop sewing children’s clothing for a few years. As a single mom of 3 great kids, my sewing time has lessened, but I still try to find time to work on quilts, bags, and projects with my kids, teaching them what I love.