Brother 3234DT 2, 3 or 4 Thread Serger
- No custom needles: Unlike other sergers, the Brother 3234DT uses standard sewing machine needles, eliminating the need to purchase special serger needles.
- Informative manual and video: This model includes a comprehensive, easily understood user’s manual and a highly-informative instructional video.
- Highly rated: The Brother 3234DT is consistently rated “Best in Class” by owners and industry experts.
- User-friendly: This model is very easy to thread and offers a large table and storage area.
- No standard options: Due to its design and multiple needles, this machine does not offer customary sewing machine capabilities.
- Manual feature: The blade on the fabric knife is not automatic, it must be manually retracted.
Where to Find the Best Value
Click Here for Pricing, Pictures and Reviews on Amazon.com
This high-performance machine offers advanced to professional level sewers the options of using dual needles and 2, 3 or 4 threads to put a professional finish on a wide range of projects. The 3234DT delivers expert results on all types of fabrics, from knits and laces to heavier denims and woven materials. Versatile and crammed full of features, storage options and accessories, this serger quick-change threading, ease of use, includes many optional accessories and a reputation for flawless operation.
The stitch length generated by this model can be easily adjusted from 0.8mm to 4mm. Additionally, the stitch width can be adjusted from 5mm up to 7 mm. It’s not common to find this much wiggle room in both length and width adjustment options.
Speed: 1,300 Stitches Per Minute
Threads: 2, 3, 4
Differential Feed System: The adjustable differential feed system allows you to produce a variety of functional, yet decorative seam effects. The fabric feed can be set to producer perfectly straight stitches or it can be offset to create decorative edges, ruffles, lettuce edges, joined laces and more.
Free Arm Option: Working on sleeves or pants legs just became easier by using the 3234DT. Simply removing the large extension table reveals the free arm, which also makes it easier to work on small garments and otherwise hard-to-reach areas.
Wide Detachable Table: The generous size of the table on this serger makes it possible to easily work on larger projects, including quilts and oversized garments or spreads. Within the table is an enormous storage area that includes four separate compartments.
Multiple Presser Feet: Along with a standard presser foot, Brother included two additional presser feet, a gathering foot and a blind stitch foot. Both accessories will expand your serging options right from the start.
This model is covered by a limited 25-year warranty on the machine and major mechanical parts, a one-year warranty on parts and accessories and a five-year warranty on labor.
The Brother 3234DT Serger is the perfect addition to any beginner, advanced or professional sewing room. In addition to providing a wealth of hemming and serging options, the huge table, storage area and wide range of accessories are any sewer’s dreams come true. Its versatility allows you to move from putting a crisp, professional finish on formal wear to fashioning intricate edge designs using decorative threads on the sleeves of a sheer blouse. This durable, reliable machine operates perfectly, with little noise or vibrations. Best of all, the highly comprehensive owner’s manual and video makes the journey into serging easy for any beginner.