Brother 2340CV Review
- Operates Quietly: Those that use the Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch machine rave about how quietly it operates compared to other machines. This quietness proves particularly useful for those who create garments professionally in their home.
- Ease of Use: As a cover stitch machine, the Brother 2340CV is considered simple to use. It features color-coded threads and an adjustable differential feed to make stitching easy.
- Looper Threading: The color-coded system has thread management guides to ensure threads are correctly placed. This looper threading system is fast and easy, making the process efficient and hassle-free.
- Tension Release: Some users consider the manual tension release complicated. Separate buttons must be pressed for each thread, meaning up to four may have to be pressed simultaneously.
- No Free Arm: Unlike similar cover stitch machines, this one is not equipped with a free arm, making it challenging to work on circular hems such as cuffs and pant legs.
Where To Find The Best Value
- Operates Quietly
- Ease of Use
- Looper Threading
Review (4.5 Stars)
The Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch is an impressive machine for the money, making it easy to sew knit garments at home with a high-quality, professional finish. This user-friendly machine stitches an array of cover stitches at a quick 1,100 stitches per minute, making fast work of projects. With top-of-the-line components, even the novice user can create stretchy garments such as swimsuits, athletic wear, and dance attire.
The Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch features 1, or 2-needle stitch options, allowing the user to choose between three different stitches.
Wide cover stitch (6mm): A two-needle, three-thread cover-stitch; it is ideal for hemming, topstitching garments, and adding decorative effects on tee-shirts and knits.
Narrow cover stitch (3mm): A two-needle, three-thread cover-stitch; the narrow cover-stitch is optimal for hemming on delicate fabrics, tape binding, and topstitching.
Chain stitch: A two-needle, three-thread cover-stitch; like the narrow cover-stitch, the chain stitch is optimal for hemming on delicate fabrics, tape binding, and topstitching.
Speed: 1,100 Stitches per Minute
Stitch Length: 2.0-4.0mm
Differential Feed: 0.7-2.0mm
Product Dimensions: 13 x 15 x 13.4 inches
Weight: 16.7 pounds
As its name implies, the Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch is made to provide cover stitches for both functional and decorative purposes. This stitch offers durability, beauty, and protection from fraying. Cover stitches use two, three, or four threads and are useful for cylindrical hems and stretchy fabric.
As the machine is designed for cover stitching, it does not trim the excess fabric as a serger does with its cutting knives. Therefore, the 2340CV can also attach elastic, tape, and lace while stitching.
The Brother 2340CV Cover Stitch machine is straightforward and easy to use. It features an easy threading color-coded guide, lay-in threading, and a faster threading looper system to make the threading process easy to follow.
The adjustable differential feed makes it possible to seam a number of materials, including heavy denim fabric and thin laces. A slide lever adjusts the front and rear feed dogs’ movement, helping prevent puckers and ripples.
The 2340CV comes with several accessories. These include:
- Blind stitch foot
- Gathering foot
- Accessory bag
- Thread nets
- Spool caps
- Spool mat
- Cleaning brush
- Hexagonal wrench
- Soft dust cover
- Operation manual
Click Here to See Brother 2340CV Serger Pricing, Pictures, and Reviews on Amazon!
The Brother 2340CV comes with a 25-year limited warranty. Parts, labor, and accompanying accessory items are covered for one year from the original purchase date; electronic components and printed circuit boards (replacement labor excluded) are covered for five years from the original purchase date; the chassis casting is under warranty for 25 years from the original purchase date.
The Brother 2340CV is a well-rated, easy-to-use cover stitch machine. With limited features and a lower price tag than competing models, it’s the perfect choice for sewists just starting to sew with knits or those who only need a cover stitch occasionally. This fast, uncomplicated machine is a wise investment.