Juki Pearl Line MO-655 Review
- Easy for Novices: The Juki Pearl Line MO-655 is simple for beginners to operate. Customers rave about being able to make clothing soon after setting up the machine with little previous experience.
- High Speed: The serger can stitch with a maximum speed of up to 1,500 stitches per minute. This is 200 stitches faster than many machines on the market and over 600 stitches faster than some others. The high speed allows users to complete even intricate tasks in a short time.
- Price: Even with all of its features and components the serger can be purchased for a reasonable price. Despite being such a high-quality machine it can found for an affordable price.
- One-rotation Threading: This is useful for maintaining easy and consistent thread tension.
- Complex Components: While many beginners have an easy time using the machine, some may still find the amount of features to be a bit overwhelming at first.
Where To Find The Best Value
|Juki Pearl Line MO-655
The Juki Pearl Line MO-655 Thread Serger is a durable and diverse machine with a number of stitch options and adjustable components. It features color-coded threading, automatic rolled hems and adjustable stitch length and differential feed.
The Juki Pearl Line MO-655 features a 2-3-4 thread capability with automatic rolled hem capability. It also features color-coded threading with a breakaway looper to make the process easy. The stitch length is adjustable as is the differential feed. Stitch styles include:
- 2-thread chainstitch
- 2-thread overcast
- 2-thread rolled hem
- 3-thread rolled hem
- 3-thread flatlock
- 3-thread overlock
- 3-thread narrow overlock-4mm
- 4-thread overlock
- 5-thread safety stitch
Movable Upper Knife
The serger’s upper knife is movable to allow for a safer and easier threading process. The knife system is also durable enough to cut light and dense fabrics.
Interchangeable Presser Feet
The MO-655 features a number of presser feet for cording, piping, blind stitching and gathering. The piping foot guides piping and holds materials in place while making it easier to install piping. The blind hem stitch foot stitches and joins edges and adds decorative pieces of fabric. The gathering foot gathers fabric, connects it and finishes seams. It also secures fabric to eliminate the need for pins.
The stitch length is adjustable to give users the versatility they need when changing between projects. The differential feed prevents fabrics from stretching in addition to preventing stitches from breaking when used with knit fabrics. With the MO-655 the component is adjustable, allowing the machine the ability to sew a variety of fabrics whether delicate or thick. These features are adjusted by accessing the dials on the left of the serger after opening the cloth bed.
The color-coded threading guides take the guess work out of threading the serger. They help offer consistent stitching patterns when locking thread into tensions.
Automatic Rolled Stitching
The serger features a finger tip control that makes it easy to create rolled stitches without changing the plate or foot. Rolled stitches give a professional look to edges that is necessary for high-quality garments and professional projects.
The multi-purpose foot also gives the user more room for creativity. It features a guide for sewing elastic, ribbon, tape and other installed materials.
Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 13.4 x 11.6 inches
Speed: 1,500 Stitches per Minute
The MO-655 is an affordable machine with enough features to impress experts but still simple enough to maneuver for beginners. The high-speed may prove to be a bit complex to figure out beyond initial operation, however.