Janome MyLock 204D Review and Ratings
- Serger Comes Pre-threaded: The Janome MyLock 204D comes pre-threaded, taking the difficulty out of initial set-up. The thread only needs to be tied and pulled through.
- Size: The machine is known for its small and compact size, making it easy to fit into tighter spaces.
- Built-in Rolled Hem: The MyLock 204D features a built-in rolled hem that requires no changing of plates. This stitch offers a more professional look.
- Quiet: The Janome 204D is known for operating quietly, making it ideal for small work settings and home use.
- 5 Year Warranty: Janome offers a five year warranty for mechanical parts
- Cover stitch: No, not convertible to cover stitch
- Instruction Manual: Poorly written and diagrams can be difficult to follow for beginners.
- Lower Looper Threading: It can be difficult to thread the lower looper.
- Shaky: The machine has been reported by some users to be shaky while in use.
Where To Find The Best Value
|Janome Mylock 204d
The Janome MyLock 204D has a wide range of serging features in a compact machine. It features a 3, or 4-thread capability with an adjustable feed ratio from .05 to 2.25. It also provides an easy threading system to help the user guide threads into the proper position.
The Janome MyLock 204D serger features 3 or 4 thread overlock stitching. It also offers an adjustable differential feed ranging from a .05 to 2.22 ratio. The differential feed offers increased control and handling of more difficult fabrics. The machine also gives users the ability to switch to rolled hemming without having to change the plate. It also features a lower looper pre-tension stitch that eliminates the need to change tension with rolled hems.
Product Dimensions: 15.3 x 14.6 x 12.7 inches
Weight: 17.95 pounds
Built-in Rolled Hem: You don’t have to change the feed plate.
Color Coded Threading: Color coded thread paths are provided to make threading easier.
Differential Feed: The machine’s differential feed prevents bunching and stretching of delicate fabrics and it can also be used to create special effects or techniques. The differential feed ratio is adjustable from .05 to 2.25, and provides increased control for managing many types of materials.
Adjustable Cutting Width: The serger’s cutting width is adjustable from 3.1 mm to 5.1 mm allowing for room to easily create and sew pieces of many sizes.
Upper Knife: The machine’s upper knife can be deactivated (retractable) to create decorative pieces or when the user prefers not to cut material while sewing.
Snap on Presser Feet: The presser feet can easily be snapped on or off.
Thread Variety: The Janome MyLock 204D supports 3 and 4-thread overlocking stitches for versatility in creating garments.
- Beading Attachment
- Blind Stitch Foot
- Cloth Guide
- Elastic Gathering Attachment
- Gathering Attachment
- Janome Serger Needle Plate
- Janome Serger / Overlock Tweezers
- Mechanical Foot Control
- Needle (universal)
- Needle Threader
- Piping Foot 1/8″
- Piping Foot 3/16″
- Piping Foot
- Presser Foot Shank Holder
- Purple Tip Needle
- 9 Piece Scissor Kit
- Seam Ripper
- Taping Foot with Reel
- Upper Knife
Click Here to See Janome MyLock 204D Serger Pricing, Pictures and Reviews on Amazon!
The MyLock 204D has a number of features many serging beginners and hobbyists will find enjoyable. It provides for expansive versatility in addition to producing quality garments with ease. If you require additional features the Janome MyLock 634D is another option from the same company. The Janome MyLock 204D is similar to the Brother 1034D serger machine.