Brother XL 2600 Review
- The Brother XL 2600 is ideal for beginners and those who want to practice their sewing skills. It has enough stitches to make basic outfits and to improve your sewing skills, but not so many features that you feel overwhelmed and confused.
- It is one of the most affordable sewing machines available on the market, it is on the Amazon best selling list, and it comes from a well-respected brand
- The Brother XL 2600 has an easy-to-use interface and is very easy to control, which again is perfect for beginners
- This machine has mostly positive reviews, with 70% of Amazon customers giving it a 5-star rating.
- This machine is made out of plastic, so for that reason some people find it too fragile and flimsy.
- Users report that this machine isn’t great at handling heavy fabrics or multiple layers. This means that you will only be able to use certain fabrics without possibly breaking the machine.
- The Brother XL 2600 doesn’t have a pressure foot adjustment and only has one setting. This is fine for simple jobs, but more advanced sewers may find they don’t have enough options.
- Some users have also reported that the user manual can be difficult to understand, and some have found that he fact it is bi-lingual makes it more time-consuming.
- Some reviewers have reported that the thread spindle can only handle small spools, which would make the task more time-consuming.
- Some reviews on Amazon liken the machine to a toy, in that it is small, plastic and not particularly impressive to look at.
- Some customers have received faulty and/or nondurable machines that broke quickly or started malfunctioning.
Where To Find The Best Value
|Brother XL 2600
Click Here for Pricing, Pictures and Reviews on Amazon.com
This affordable sewing machine is ideal for a starter machine and is particularly attractive to beginners. This best seller is one of the cheapest sewing machines you will find on the market.
Despite its low price, the Brother XL2600 sewing machine offers a lot of features. This machine comes with an automatic needle threader, which can be a real time saver and can make your job a lot easier, and it is jam resistant which makes it more durable and easier to use.
If you are new to sewing, or you’re trying to improve your skills, then this affordable starter machine might be perfect for you. If you are a more advanced sewer and/or you are interested in doing it professionally, the Brother XL 2600 may not be right for you.
Product Dimensions: 12.3 x 7.7 x 9.6 inches
Weight: 14.9 pounds
- 25 built in stitches, each with multiple functions.
- Includes a needle threader, thread cutter, drip-in bobbin, and auto bobbin winding.
- The Brother XL 2600 features a one-step buttonhole stitch that lets you create perfect buttonholes quickly and easily.
- It has enough stitches for basic use and also features a number of decorative patterns that can be used to add some extra creativity to your designs.
- You can use this 110-volt machine to make 800 stitches a minute, which isn’t as fast as some of the high-end machines but is still enough to do the job quickly.
- This sewing machine comes with a bilingual user guide with Spanish and English options.
- The Brother XL 2600 includes a built-in arm, which makes sewing sleeves and other operations that involve the arms a lot easier.
- This machine is light and compact, making it easy to transport to different locations and making it easier to store when not being used.
- The Brother’s corporation has a well-respected reputation for quality home products, and as it is a big name in the sewing machine market you know you can expect a certain level of quality that may be missing from lesser known brands.
The Brother XL 2600 sewing machine is great for beginners or those who want to practice their skills on a cheaper machine before investing in something more complicated. It does offer a lot of the standard features that are found on more expensive machines, and it is one of the cheapest sewing machines you can buy.
Unfortunately, this sewing machine is too basic for advanced users and not suitable for more complicated projects. So if you are a beginner you should definitely consider the Brother XL 2600, but if you are looking for something more advanced you should probably look elsewhere.