Juki MO654DE Review
- Size: The JUKI MO654DE provides a nice combination of size and features. It is smaller in size thus it can be stored easily but remain powerful when in operation.
- Safety Switch: The included safety switch disables the machine’s motor when the swing cover is opened for threading, preventing the machine from running simultaneously.
- Bunching: The MO654DE gives users the creative versatility to gather fabrics along the seam to create decorative bunched effects for sleeves, necklines and skirts.
- User-Friendly: Many satisfied customers report the JUKI MO654DE as being simple to figure out and easy to operate.
- Threading: Some users complain that the machine may not stay threaded after set-up in some instances.
Where To Find The Best Value
|Juki MO654DE Portable|
As a brand JUKI combines ease of use and high quality with its powerful drive cutting system to create its sergers and the MO654DE model is no exception. This model features a 2-3-4 thread capability with a number of adjustable features for customized results.
The JUKI MO654DE is a portable serger with 2-3-4 thread capability and automatic rolled hem stitching. It features adjustments for differential feed and stitch length to allow for maximum control while sewing. The MO654DE comes with a multi-purpose foot for utilizing a number of specialty stitches and products such as elastic and tape. There is also a variety of additional presser feet available for piping, blind stitching, gathering and cording. Threading is made easy with color-coding and a breakaway looper.
Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 13.6 x 11.6 inches
Weight: 15 pounds
Speed: 1,500 Stitches per Minute
2-3-4 Thread Capability with Automatic Rolled Hem
The machine’s automatic roll hemmer rolls the edge of the fabric over itself two times in order to hide the edges of the fabric. The roll is sewn over while it is also rolled up. The automatic rolled hem feature offers two modes. The first allows for rolling over the end of the hem and the second allows for an overlock stitch for necessary durability. With either method the automatic hem provides a clean edge as needed for clothing and upholstery.
The differential feed is useful for stopping thin and stretchy materials from being pulled out of shape by seams. It changes the tightness of the material as it is stitched.
Adjustable Length and Differential Feed
The serger features adjustment dials for the stitch length and the differential feed to provide the easiest management of each stitch.
Powerful Knife System
The knife system uses a moveable upper knife for safety and simplicity with a dedicated drive mechanism. Knife adjustment is calibrated to offer consistent response.
Thanks to its differential feed the MO654DE can sew light or heavy fabric, even with thick seams. This is helped by the ability to place the presser foot in two positions by using the designated lever.
Built-in Tape Guide
The presser foot features a built-in tape guide that can be used when sewing seams in stretchy fabrics. Using tape with these materials prevents the fabric from losing its shape during stitching while providing support to keep edges together.
The JUKI MO654DE is a small and powerful machine that delivers function and versatility as needed for home serging tasks. It allows users to get projects done efficiently while still offering room to experiment. All-in-all a purchase of this model will most likely meet the needs of most that practice home serging.