Janome MyLock 634D Review and Ratings
- Serger Comes Pre-threaded: The Janome MyLock 634D comes pre-threaded, taking the difficulty out of initial set-up. The thread only needs to be tied and pulled through.
- Size: The machine is known for its small and compact size, making it easy to fit into tighter spaces.
- Built-in Rolled Hem: The MyLock 634D features a built-in rolled hem that requires no changing of plates. This stitch offers a more professional look.
- Quiet: The Janome 634D is known for operating quietly, making it ideal for small work settings and home use.
- Shaky: The machine has been reported by some users to be shaky while in use.
- Price: This 634D model is not cheap.
Where To Find The Best Value
|Janome Mylock 634d|
Click Here for Pricing, Pictures and Reviews on Amazon.com
The Janome MyLock 634D is a high-performance serger created to make the user’s experience as easy as possible. It features a 2, 3, or 4-thread capability with an adjustable feed ratio from .05 to 2.25. It also provides an easy threading system to help the user guide threads into the proper position.
The Janome MyLock 634D serger features 2 needles with 2, 3 or 4 thread overlock stitching. It also offers an adjustable differential feed ranging from a .05 to 2.25 ratio. The differential feed offers increased control and handling of more difficult fabrics. The machine also gives users the ability to switch to rolled hemming without having to change the plate. It also features a lower looper pre-tension stitch that eliminates the need to change tension with rolled hems.
Product Dimensions: 16 x 16 x 16 inches
Weight: 20.4 pounds
Easy Threading System
Threading is made easy with the color-coded thread guides along with the self-threading lower looper. The user places the thread into the guide then flips the switch and the lower looper is threaded. When the balance wheel is turned the guide automatically returns to its normal position. When the presser foot is lifted for rethreading the thread tensions are automatically released, allowing thread to be drawn smoothly.
The machine’s differential feed prevents bunching and stretching of delicate fabrics and it can also be used to create special effects or techniques. The differential feed ratio is adjustable from .05 to 2.25, and provides increased control for managing many types of materials.
Adjustable Cutting Width The serger’s cutting width is adjustable from 2.0 to 5.7 millimeters allowing for room to easily create and sew pieces of many sizes.
Upper Knife The machine’s upper knife can be deactivated to create decorative pieces or when the user prefers not to cut material while sewing.
High Presser Foot Lifter An extra high presser foot lifter is built in to the machine to offer a higher clearance. This increased height allows the user to place bundled layers of fabric or more material in general under the presser foot.
The Janome MyLock 634D supports 2, 3 and 4-thread overlocking stitches for maximum versatility in creating professional garments.
The MyLock 634D has a number of features many serging professionals and hobbyists will find enjoyable. It provides for expansive versatility in addition to producing quality garments with ease.