Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Review
- Color-coding: This feature makes it easy to thread the machine in addition to keeping track of individual threads. It allows for quick changes with all types of thread.
- Free Arm: The free arm makes it possible to sew continuous or cylindrical fabric. This comes in handy when attempting to complete sleeves, collars, and pant legs.
- Adjustable Stitch Width: The adjustable stitch width allows the user to easily create flat seams on lightweight fabrics.
- Size: Compared to many other models in the Designio series, the DZ1234 is extremely compact. Its small size is ideal for areas with little room to spare.
- User Skill: For those who are not familiar with serging the machine may prove to be difficult to use or time-consuming to adapt to.
Where To Find The Best Value
|Brother DZ1234 Designio Series|
The Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger excels above many other machines in the series. It has an adjustable differential feed and stitch width control. Additionally it comes equipped with three interchangeable feet.
The Designio DZ1234 features a 3-4 thread capability. It offers 23 of its own built-in sewing stitches.
Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 13 x 13.2 inches
Weight: 18.1 pounds
Speed: 1,300 Stitches per Minute
Adjustable Differential Feed Ratio
The Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger features an adjustable differential feed that allows the machine to sew various fabrics whether delicate or thick. The differential feed also prevents fabrics form stretching or stitches from breaking in knit fabrics. The differential feed ratio ranges from 0.7 to 2.0.
Stitch Width Control
The stitch width can be adjusted from 3 to 7 millimeters. The best stitch width will be one that creates flat seam finishes, a characteristic that is essential on lighter fabrics.
The DZ1234 has three interchangeable feet: a gathering foot, piping foot and blind hem stitch foot. The gathering foot gathers, connects fabric and finishes edges. The foot secures fabric to eliminate the need for pins while finishing edges. The piping foot guides narrow piping and holds zippers in place while also facilitating installation of piping. The blind hem stitch foot helps stitch and join edges or attach other pieces of fabric. The adjustable guide makes it useful for creating decorative and functional stitches.
The free arm makes it easier to sew areas that are hard to reach such as sleeves, collars, pant legs and small children’s items. The removable table section makes serging these components quick and easy.
The DZ1234 uses the same standard needles used in sewing machines. This allows it to create edges and hems for a variety of fabrics including stretchy material, linens and formal wear, as well as creating decorative edges.
The serger is color-coded to make threading a breeze. The system works for upper and lower looper threading. Thread changes are also made quicker with all thread types.
The Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger is one of the best machines in the series. It offers a number of features and accessories at a very reasonable cost. With all of its exceptional features it may be harder for novices to control and thus may be best suited for those with advanced skill levels.